- An opportunity to actively participate in the networks of European geographic information researchers that have been built up over the last few years as a result of AGILE related initiatives
- The opportunity to influence the European geographic information research agenda.
In addition AGILE members are eligible for
- Special rates at AGILE events including the annual conference and working group workshops;
- The right to nominate candidates for election to the AGILE Council;
- The right to propose and take part in AGILE initiatives or projects in which AGILE is active;
- The right to use the AGILE name in your promotional material;
- The right to use the AGILE communication channels (website, newsletter, mailing lists) to announce positions, training & research projects, etc…;
- The right to apply for grants for attending AGILE Conference.
We hope that your group will take advantage of this opportunity to join AGILE and we look forward to meet you at one of our joint events.
To submit a proposal for AGILE Council support for Initiatives you need to do the following:
- Complete the Application Form. Indicate basic initiative attributes including responsible person, other proposed participants, planned start and end dates, expected results, etc.
- Approved initiatives will be expected to utilize this web site and structure provided by the AGILE Council, i.e. the council does not encourage a proliferation of diverse websites, blogs, etc.
- Council will assign an AGILE Council member to monitor each Initiative.
- Approved initiatives are expected to provide basic documentation of achieved results to be published on the AGILE Initiative website and, if applicable, by additional other options.