On behalf of the AGILE Council, we invite you to participate at the 20th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science, scheduled to take place in Wageningen, the Netherlands, 9-12 May 2017.
The program will offer parallel paper presentation sessions, keynote sessions, poster sessions and pre-conference workshops to share your ideas, explore on-going research, future developments, including state-of-the-art applications, and to network with the professionals from academia, industry, and government who are interested in promoting GI teaching and research activities among GI laboratories at the European level.
Potential contributors are invited to submit:
Full-paper submission (maximum 6000-word manuscript) of original and unpublished fundamental scientific research. High-quality scientific submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the Springer Lecture Notes on Geoinformation and Cartography. We especially encourage PhD students to submit full papers. Papers must be written in English according to the Springer formatting guidelines. Only the Harvard citation style should be used.
Note: AGILE 2017 is running a blind review process. In preparing your manuscript, do not include any information which could reveal your identity, or that of your co-authors. The title section of your manuscript should not contain any author names, email addresses, or affiliation status. In the body of your submission, you should eliminate all direct references to your own previous work. That is, avoid phrases such as "this contribution generalizes our results for XYZ". Also, please do not disproportionately cite your own previous work. In other words, make your submission as anonymous as possible. We need your cooperation in our effort to maintain a fair, blind reviewing process.
Short paper submission (2000 to 3000-word manuscript) of original and unpublished research work. High-quality scientific and strategic (industrial and governmental) submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the AGILE proceedings volume (with ISSN). Papers must be written in English according to the submission template and formatting guidelines.
Poster submission (500 to 1000-word manuscript) of original scientific and strategic research work. High-quality submissions will be accepted for poster presentations at the conference and provide the exceptional opportunity to stimulate scientific discussions and exchange novel ideas. Papers must be written in English according to the submission template and formatting guidelines.
Contributors are invited to submit papers and abstracts on all topics within the fields of Geographic Information Science, including (but not limited to):
- Big Spatial Data: Analysis and Visualization
- Volunteered Geographic Information and Community Observatories
- Crowdsourcing, Co-creation and Participatory GIS
- Smart cities
- Earth Observation Systems: Algorithms and Applications
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Spatiotemporal Data Acquisition, Modelling, and Analysis
- Uncertainty and Error Propagation
- 3D Modelling, Analysis and Visualization
- Digital Earth, Virtual Globes and Spatial-oriented Augmented Reality
- Location Based Services and Mobile GI Applications
- Way Finding, Routing and Indoor Navigation
- Cognitive Aspects of Human-Computer Interaction for GIS
- Model Web, Geospatial Workflows and Service Composition
- Geosensors Networks and Sensor Web
- Spatial Data Infrastructures: Data and Service Sharing
- Future Internet, Ubiquitous Web and Geographic Information Systems
- Environmental/Ecological and Urban/Regional Modelling
- Demographic and Socioeconomic Modelling
- Natural Resources Management and Monitoring
- Disaster and Risk Management
- Socio-Economic Impact Assessment of GI
- GIScience and Technology Education and Training
- Full paper submission: 14 28th November 2016, 23:59 CET
- Pre-conference workshop 14 28th November 2016, 23:59 CET
- Notification of workshops acceptance: 7 December 2016
- Notification of full paper acceptance: 19 December 2016
- Camera-ready full paper: 30 January 2017
- Short paper and poster submissions: 30 January 2017
- Notification of short paper and poster acceptance: 20 February 2017
- Camera-ready short paper and poster: 13 March 2017
- Early registration ends: 27 March 2017
- Pre-conference workshops: 9 May 2017
- Conference: 10-12 May 2017
More information available at https://agile-online.org/index.php/conference/conference-2017
The templates for the papers are available at
Thanking you in advance,
AGILE'2017 Programme Chairs:
Arnold Bregt, Wageningen University & Research, Laboratory for Geoinformation and Remote Sensing
Tapani Sarjakoski, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute, NLS
Ron van Lammeren, Wageningen University & Research, Laboratory for Geoinformation and Remote Sensing